Home | Gynaecology Fibroid Endometriosis

What Is Gynaecology Fibroid Endometriosis?

Gynaecology is the medical practice dealing with the health of the female reproductive systems and the breasts. Outside medicine, the term means “the science of women”. We try to provide you a friendly patient atmosphere where you can discuss all your problems.


These are non-cancerous growths/tumour of uterus that can develop during a woman’s childbearing age. The cause is not exactly known. Risk factors include family history, obesity etc. Symptoms include pelvic pain, heavy and prolonged bleeding, heaviness in pelvis and infertility. Some cases are symptomless. Management depends upon the symptoms and size/location of Fibroids. It can be treated with observation, follow up or surgery.


When the lining of the uterus grows outside the uterus, is called endometriosis. This abnormal site can be ovaries, fallopian tubes, intestine, urinary bladder, even can be lungs and skin. Usual presentations are pain (during periods or any other time of the month), menstrual problem, pain during intercourse, infertility and many more. It can be treated successfully with medications or surgeries.

Gynaecology Fibroid Endometriosis

Menstrual Problems:

Menstruation is the monthly shedding of the lining of the uterus, commonly known as periods.

Some Common Menstrual Problems Are

  • Heavy menstrual bleeding (more than 5 pads a day)
  • Prolonged bleeding (more than 7 days)
  • Less bleeding (less than 2 days)
  • Absence of menses (Amenorrhea)
  • Few episodes of menses in a year (less then 4 in a year)

These all can be managed by through examinations, investigations and proper care.

Abdomen Pain/Pelvic Pain

It’s a very common problem women can have anytime during their lifetime. It could be an acute (short term) or chronic (long term), may be associated with periods, urination, defecation, intercourse, vaginal discharge or may not be associated with any of them.Reason may be surgical (intestine) or gynaecological (uterus, ovary, cyst, fibroid, endometriosis, infection), urological (urinary tract infection).Timely consultation with a doctor is needed and could be treated by medications or surgery.